cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I wait for o2 4g & new iPhone ? Or do I move to EE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract is just about finished. If I get a new Iphone from o2 it wont work on 4g when they bring in 4g next year! It will cost me a fortune to finish my contract early. I want to stay with O2 but they don't seem bothered in keeping long term loyal customers.They are only offering a disgusting 10% help towards ending your contract early. EE will be released in the next two weeks this will be when I decide unless O2 make me an offer I cant refuse ! I'm not holding my breath I don't think there bothered!!!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Michael,

Have you looked at Giff Gaff?  They are owned by O2 and use the O2 network.  They provide sim cards and you provide the phone.

Customer service is limited as it relies heavily on other Giff Gaff users providing support via a forum.  I don't think you are tied to any contract with them (somewhat unclear from the web site).  It is almost like Pay As You Go, but significantly cheaper.  In fact it is cheaper than O2 in most cases.  You can also set up a monthly direct debit for some of the items.

You can also get free Giff Gaff to Giff Gaff calls and texts.  Pretty useful if you pay for two iPhones.

It might be worth your while taking a look at their web site.

The web site is not particularly clear & there are no stores to visit, so you need to relatively competent.  It is who I am considering going to.

Regards,

Hval

Message 11 of 11