cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disingenuous app and poor automated payment

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Your MyO2 app is disingenuous. It informs us that we can pay our monthly account via it.
That is patently UNTRUE.

2. For many years now I have asked repeatedly asked (we have corresponded several times on it to no outcome) that your automated telephone payment system is not fit for purpose.
It does NOT process American Express Card payments - it prompts for a 3 digit security code, when it is universally understood that American Express Cards have a 4 (that is FOUR) digit security code, thus this system renders the entire point of calling it to make a payment by American Express Card a fruitless and thankless waste of time.

SINCE you DO accept payment - online or live in person with an operator - payment of bills by American Express Card, WHEN are you going to update the MyO2 App AND your automated telephone payment system and bring it in line ?
This is discrimination !
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You are aware that the contract terms and conditions require that you pay by direct debit aren't you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I'm not really sure how an app can be disingenuous?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/disingenuous

Just set up a Direct Debit like you're supposed to and you can avoid a lot of hassle.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying you are being discriminated against because you use Amex?

As others have said just pay by direct debit as the terms require you to do and all this hassle goes away!

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You are aware that the contract terms and conditions require that you pay by direct debit aren't you?

To be fair to the OP the My O2 page here says"

"Want to make payments to your account using a debit or credit card?
You can choose to pay the bill in full, cover any Direct Debit arrangements that have failed, or clear any arrears."

Direct Debit may be O2's preferred method of payment but they have clearly left the door open for an alternative method and  I would therefore agree with the OP that American Express ought to be properly catered for.

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Actually O2 allows you to pay many ways. Direct debit is in the contract terns and conditions...but the list of alternatives are here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Agreed, "to cover any dd's that have failed".
The t&c's clearly state payment must be made by dd and clearly the op had cancelled this as they have repeatedly tried to pay by Amex.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

The t&c's clearly state payment must be made by dd and clearly the op had cancelled this as they have repeatedly tried to pay by Amex.

Far be it from a quirky customer to disagree with a veteran with ambition for higher things Smiley Very Happy,  but I venture to suggest that the T&Cs are anything but clear. The Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement here says "We require you to pay your Charges by direct debit unless we tell you otherwise".   O2 have told the world at large that they may pay in other ways (as witness Cleoriff's excellent guide and also the My O2 section of the website).  SO there is at the very least considerable doubt as to what O2's actual practice is.  Do they or don't they enforce DD payment?   From what I have seen in the Commubity so far it seems not.   Time O2 got its act together and cleared up the confusion once for all.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

That is just one of the three scenarios mentioned, sir!   You can choose (1) to pay a bill in full; (2) to cover failed DDs; or (3) clear any arrears.

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Whilst I strongly object to your childish accusations about my motives i do agree that it is time that o2 enforced their own rules.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17