cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between reported data usage on my phone and O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried unsuccessfully to get the breakdown of my current monthly data usage as O2 has notified me that I have used up all 500MB of my monthly data allowance but my phone tells me I've only used up 396MB. I know therer can be a discrepency but 100MB seems unlikely. Can somebody help before I push this onto twitter?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call and speak to CS and they will tell you how much data was used at what times / dates.
Or, wait until after this months bill is produced and there will be a breakdown in your My O2, but it's best to sort it now.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is this an iPhone? 

Bear in mind that the day's data usage updates at midnight....

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call and speak to CS and they will tell you how much data was used at what times / dates.
Or, wait until after this months bill is produced and there will be a breakdown in your My O2, but it's best to sort it now.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Definitely use the 202 calling option rather than live chat though, as live chat aren't really much use for anything account related.

Unless of course you're payg, then dial 4445.

Let us know how things pan out.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The data usage will always differ, that's it normally says to be used as a guide only and that the networks calculations should always be used.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The data usage will always differ, that's it normally says to be used as a guide only and that the networks calculations should always be used.

True, but by 20% ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True, but by 20% ?

Granted. there is always a variation 1 - 10% on mine. Agree 20% a bit concerning and best to get CS to check.

This is why I don't have iPhones!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget data useage also involves an upload part as well - this could easily explain the difference. There is usally a warning on the measurements taken on the phone that figures between the phone and the service provider may differ.

Message 8 of 8