Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debited twice

Khan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I tried finding a solution to this but couldn't find one in the previous posts.

So I bought a pay monthly SIM last month and opted to have a direct debit set up.

When the payment got deducted I noticed that I had been charged £20 twice by direct debit even though the pay monthly SIM only costs £20.
Could anyone shed some light on this?
Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Khan 

Welcome to the o2 Community Forum.

You will need to contact Customer Services.

Call early 08.00am and keep trying 

This link may help ~ best wishes

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su... 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Khan,

It may be quicker to contact your bank and put in a claim under Direct Debit Guarantee scheme, as this is an error by o2, it should be returned to you quicker than o2 can.

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to"
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Khan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my only concern is i do not know if one gets double charged in the first month of their contract with 02. Is it some sort of advance payment or something?

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Khan 

No. you don't get charged twice with O2. If you had a previous contract with them there may have been some left over to pay pro -rata from previous contract but that would be reflected in one bill not two.

You need to ask your bank to recall one of the payments or speak first to O2 to sort it out.

Personally I would be speaking to O2. It's more likely to be their error.

All numbers to call are in this link Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5