cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not subscribe and being charged £4.50 a week

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been sent a text saying I'm being charged £4.50 a week for a subscription. I didn't subscribe to anything and they have sent me a number to text along with the word STOP. I have researched this and its happned to many people and they all said to text the number, however, whenever i try to text the number it says it will charge me extra to text that number. Does anyone know what i should do?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Definitely text the number first and some additional help on reclaiming costs here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Definitely text the number first and some additional help on reclaiming costs here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In future be very careful what links you  click on, social media is the biggest culprit for this and this is enough to subscribe you to these scams. H

Message 3 of 3