Did you mean: 

Device plan settled, still paying

Richimaru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I'm trying to find out why I am still paying the same amount per month even though I have fully paid off my device plan. 2gb data, no additionals = £29.84 p/m... This is not right surely? I need a new phone but am considering switching because this is essentially stealing. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Where did you get your contract from?
If o2 directly it will be refresh and your device payments stop but you continue to pay the airtime portion.
If you purchased from elsewhere your payments will stay the same even though you have completed the minimum term until you cancel or upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Where did you get your contract from?
If o2 directly it will be refresh and your device payments stop but you continue to pay the airtime portion.
If you purchased from elsewhere your payments will stay the same even though you have completed the minimum term until you cancel or upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Richimaru welcome to our forum! Please do let us know if @MI5's reply above would explain this, are you on Refresh? If you reply with a few additional pieces of info as mentioned above we might be able to help in more detail. slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Richimaru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, I did not know this. Carphone warehouse. I popped into the shop and spoke to a lady who used to work at the 02 shop and she assured me that 02 were actually one of the best providers and (despite removing the ability to email directly) have one of the best customer service policies. She did explain that, by opting out of the promotional newsletters and stuff, you also are opting out of the reminder that your contract is soon to expire - which is a bit naughty but understandable to some extent. I decided to stick with o2 and get the Pixel2.

Thank you for replying. Have a lovely weekend

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Glad you got sorted out @Richimaru

Welcome to the forum slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5