Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

Ruheena90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve been emailing the credit referrals team now for a few months and still pending a response. I’ve called a few times, but the staff have passed me back to the credit ref team email advising that they can only deal with my issue.

I have had no response from them since June. There is an error on my wife’s credit file from a couple of years ago which we didn’t notice until we considered applying for a mortgage.

The reason why I am asking the question on behalf of my wife is due to her being the original account holder at the time the default was added to her credit file (I am now the account holder for her contract as she is unable to take out any contract/credit).

The default was also added to an account which didn't belong to her. It looked like the contract was taken out of her name and she was a victim of fraud. However, when speaking to an advisor, the confirmed the account was settled. The whole issue has become confusing but luckily, we kept a letter from o2 regarding the purchase of the contract. My wife didn’t inspect the letter at the time assuming it was just a general letter from o2. Had she checked the letter, it would’ve notified her that a contract was taken out in her name.

Is there anyone who could look into this matter please as it is halting us from getting a mortgage in principal!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@O2Richard 

Can you help here?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Hi @Ruheena90 

I will send to you a pm , please reply to it when you can

Many Thanks

Former Guru team member
Message 3 of 4