Did you mean: 

Data usage

Emma10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m really hacked off!!
I upgraded to an iphone se last month. For the last two years my data usage has been under 300mb per month. Since upgrading im using all my allowance (500mb) in less than 10 days. The only thing thats changed is my phone. I rarely use the internet away from wi fi. Online chat suggeted turning certain things off but these were already off and could help no further. Spoke to someone who basically told me I was just using too much data and it was my problem. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions

Look in the settings and see what is using the most data.
Settings > Mobile data and scroll down to see which apps use the most.

You can also turn off mobile data for any apps that are high consumers, such as facebook or other social media apps or turn it off comletely except when you need to do something specific.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions

Look in the settings and see what is using the most data.
Settings > Mobile data and scroll down to see which apps use the most.

You can also turn off mobile data for any apps that are high consumers, such as facebook or other social media apps or turn it off comletely except when you need to do something specific.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Emma10 We have had many complaints recently about iPhones using too much data

Check your settings to see what exactly is being used and then ring customer services to see if you are on the correct data tariff for iphones https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Its not unusual to see a spike in data usage during the first month of a new phone upgrade, it could be many things - playing with it a bit more because its new, downloading your data back onto the phone via 3G/4G rather than wifi, software updates. As others have suggested, the iphone shows you what you have used your data on in the settings.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 4