cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data charges, even though I don't use it???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am being charged daily for data/ internet browsing. I finally(after 3 hours) got in touch with o2 and was told I am on a "legacy???" contract and charges are made on a daily basis. How can this be right??

I have tried "Live chat" for 3 days but it keeps coming up with chat number does not match??

Anyone come across this problem??

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Web daily is £1 for 50mb per day.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

This is charged to payg customers who dint have a data allowance and connect to O2 Internet or if a payg customer goes over their allowance.

Turn off Mobile Data in your phones settings to stop it and use wifi or add a bolt on for data or change tariffs if you do want to use O2 Internet.

A contract customer is not charged for going over their data allowance as their data use just stops until their next anniversary date or they too can add a bolt on via their myo2.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Web daily is £1 for 50mb per day.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

This is charged to payg customers who dint have a data allowance and connect to O2 Internet or if a payg customer goes over their allowance.

Turn off Mobile Data in your phones settings to stop it and use wifi or add a bolt on for data or change tariffs if you do want to use O2 Internet.

A contract customer is not charged for going over their data allowance as their data use just stops until their next anniversary date or they too can add a bolt on via their myo2.
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It sounds like you are on a tariff with no data allowance and so you are charged £1 each day your phone connects online. It's called Web Daily.

Switch off mobile data to stop these charges and you will still be able to connect via wifi.

Alternatively look at switching to a data included tariff.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the link http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo to various payg tariffs.

The O2 unlimited option gives you some allowances including some data and you keep the top up credit to use for calls and texts and data when you've exhausted the ones included in your tariff or leave it there for your next top up anniversary date.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if ur tariff is that old, chances are one of the new ones will be cheaper, so u may benefit from a tariff change; having said that if u don't want any changes, u have to disable any data connections,like it was mentioned.If ur tariff doesn't have a data bolton, any time ur phone or apps try to update,or u get a whatsapp message,etc...u will be charge the web daily connection, u don't necessarily have to go on anything...The downside of having a smatphone...

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

Alternatively I will upgrade to the 500 minute/500 Mb simplicity tarrif, but it isn't clear in the discription if calls to landlines is included.

Can you clarify this? I appreciate your input.

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that.

Alternatively I will upgrade to the 500 minute/500 Mb simplicity tarrif, but it isn't clear in the discription if calls to landlines is included.

Can you clarify this? I appreciate your input.

This page will clarify what is and isn't included http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both landlines and mobiles like @jonsie said. anything starting with 08 will not be included.

Enjoy ur new tariff and now no more web daily charges no matter what.Bouncy

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear your getting sorted.

Hope to see you around the forum maybe. slight_smile
Message 10 of 10