cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every month on my iPhone I seem to exceed my data allowance, I have just checked the data usage and for some reason everyday at midnight there is a large usage? I am normally asleep by then, anyone ever had this?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Apps on your phone access data constantly. You shouldn't have a smartphone without a data plan really.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Either have a data plan or turn off mobile data & use wifi where possible 

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per my previous post in the thread, it will be apps updating & running all the time even if you aren't using them. Turn off mobile data & use wifi where possible

Message 13 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Did you know you can edit previous posts Stuart using the Options button?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops no I didn't 

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I think I will change my plan and get some data allowance.

Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse my ignorance but if I connect to my wifi at home, will this be free?  Or will O2 still charge me for something?

Message 17 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly this is happening to me as well, since I've upgraded to Lumia 820 my data usage just went so high over the roof !
I have only 2 mailboxes + facebook setup and most of the day phone uses WIfi at home, the o2 chap suggested to swich off mobile data while in wifi range and i argued that as this is not the reason why i bought a smartphone to go around and look if I'm within WiFi range, however i did started to switch off mobile data while at home just to find out that when i go out and switch data back on, this got registered as >100mb + of data usage in that minute even when the phone was on wifi with data off since last afternoon !!!!
I have now argued that with o2 and hoping to resolve the issue.

I should add that i had previously an nokia X6 with the same mailboxes and facebook setup  and i was not even getting 400MB+ of usage out of my 1gb allowance.

there is clearly something wrong!

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apps are always running & updating on a smartphone, even at night when you are asleep

Message 20 of 25