cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due an early upgrade. Can I cancel instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My contract is up for renewal on 9th June, but for some reason, I am eligible for an upgrade on 9th March. However, I actually want to leave O2 and switch to another network. Instead of upgrading, can I just cancel the contract without incurring additional charges? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
you would still be charged till the end of your contract. The three month early upfrade is a benefit of staying

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
you would still be charged till the end of your contract. The three month early upfrade is a benefit of staying
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

No you can not I am afraid. The date you have is for a early upgrade. 

You can cancel you contract 30 days from the renewal date.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we ask why you want to leave O2?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a feeling that would be the case. Guess I'll have to see if they can offer me a better deal than what I'm getting right now. Thanks for answering

Message 5 of 11

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
they had some new prices launched yesterdsy. may be worth a look.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a feeling that would be the case. Guess I'll have to see if they can offer me a better deal than what I'm getting right now. Thanks for answering

The tarriffs they offer online are the same for everybody so do not expect them to offer anything to keep you to stay. 

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
By all means. For the tariff I'm on at the moment plus insurance, I am paying £59.50 a month, but with pretty much the same deal on Vodafone, I can get it for around £40.00 a month. I'm also a festival junkie and there are many benefits to being a Vodafone customer at festivals!
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am perfectly aware of this thank you, but there is nothing wrong with wanting some incentive to stay with O2 when my contract does expire, as opposed to switching to another network, which at present, I am inclined to do so
Message 9 of 11

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

each network had its pros and cons, worth weighing them all up and dong whats best for  you

Message 10 of 11