cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went into an O2 shop yesterday and when they did the credit check they asked me for a second debit card and my drivers licence. I have a drivers licence but I only have one bank account so only have one card. They said they could get around this if I had my passport which I didn't and it's out of date. I would like to know if an expired passport will be accepted or if there is any other way to get around this issue. 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest I think it would be a whole lot easier doing it online but I don't know if I can get a student discount then. 

You can't. Have to buy in store to apply the student discount. Assuming it isn't an iPhone 5S you are trying to buy on which the student discount isn't available (sadly as otherwise I'd have it on my bills too)

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

An expired passport probably won't be acceptable. Do you have a copy of your birth certificate?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think so.
Message 3 of 18

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Call your O2 shop and ask if that would be acceptable. No point in wasting a trip there if it isn't.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'll ring. Thanks. 

Message 5 of 18

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Good luck. Please come back and let us know how you got on. It could help someone else in your situation in the future.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to have two of three things: a drivers licence, an in-date passport and/or a second bank card (ie one that's not the one you're paying with).

They said the can't use a birthcertificate because it hasn't got a photo on it, unlike a bank card..?

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is probably true about a birth certificate and using it as I.d.

A person knowing a few key answers to your history could pick up a birth certificate for around £20 from the births and deaths registrars.
Message 8 of 18

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sorry my suggestion didn't work for you. Guess you'll have to get your passport renewed if you have no other form of ID. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets hope all is sorted out swiftly.

slight_smile

Message 10 of 18