cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract finishes soon - buying new contract beforehand?

sidismycat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My pay monthly contract with O2 ends at the beginning of December. There’s a much cheaper O2 pay monthly sim only tariff currently being advertised for Black Friday - can I purchase this beforehand, then on the day my contract ends switch over? 
Thank you! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@sidismycat 

No, you just need to request that your number is migrated to the new account at the end of your current contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@sidismycat 

You can but you would either need to pay for both until you switch or pay off the current one now to start the new one.

However, there are always good deals available via USwitch. So don't feel you need to rush anything.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

sidismycat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply! I don’t mind paying for both, I asked O2 and the Black Friday deal ends before my contract does annoyingly. Do I need to give notice that I’ll be switching to the new pay monthly contract? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@sidismycat 

No, you just need to request that your number is migrated to the new account at the end of your current contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 4 of 4