cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract expiry/upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 24 month contract is due for renewal today. Have looked at the options for upgrade etc but can anyone tell me what happens if I do nothing. Will my current tariff continue or will it be changed by o2? Can't find the answer to this on o2 website and 202 line is busy. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lizzie52

Yes, your contract will just roll over month by month on the same tariff and price that you pay now (unless you have any loyalty discounts from your previous upgrade which would automatically drop off as your contract has expired) - no other changes will be made by O2, and you won't be automatically tied into another contract unless you resign up with O2.

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting through to us over the phone.

I would recommend logging into your myO2 account on the O2 website, as you can then look at upgrade options and upgrade online if you find a deal you like.

If you are not sure what phone you would like just yet, or would prefer to stick with your current phone for the time being - check out the sim only options to hopefully lower your tariff price, but at the same time you shouldn't lose out on your usage.

Also, you can chat to our advisors online about your upgrade if you want to ask some direct questions, or account specific questions by using our webchat service.

slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it continues same cost etc on a 30 day notice period

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lizzie52

Yes, your contract will just roll over month by month on the same tariff and price that you pay now (unless you have any loyalty discounts from your previous upgrade which would automatically drop off as your contract has expired) - no other changes will be made by O2, and you won't be automatically tied into another contract unless you resign up with O2.

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting through to us over the phone.

I would recommend logging into your myO2 account on the O2 website, as you can then look at upgrade options and upgrade online if you find a deal you like.

If you are not sure what phone you would like just yet, or would prefer to stick with your current phone for the time being - check out the sim only options to hopefully lower your tariff price, but at the same time you shouldn't lose out on your usage.

Also, you can chat to our advisors online about your upgrade if you want to ask some direct questions, or account specific questions by using our webchat service.

slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Will try the webchat to check if I have any loyalty discounts etc
Message 5 of 5