cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,and gals, I have a small issue which involves a very close friend who's not very clued up at all and I cant research this problem online either. So I have registered here to get you guys help.

Right ok then......

My 'friend' has a contracted phone which she has been paying for using her card, so to have proof of payment but the contract was got for her by her ex bf which she split from for over 18 months ago. I think the contract is up in March next year. He is constantly harrasing her and geeting her bill sent to him so he can check it. How does she go about either having her own contract or can she change this contract (  in her exs name ) over to her name seeing as she's the one paying for it?

Whats your opinions please.

Give him phone n sim back and lose her loyalty towards O2 and start fresh or ask to see if the contract can be transfered over to solely her seeing as proof of bill payment can be obtained for O2?

Thank you people for your time in reading this.

Regards

Doxie.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The only way is for her to start a new contract in her name.
The old one cannot just have a name change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The only way is for her to start a new contract in her name.
The old one cannot just have a name change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

So she loses all that contract time with O2? Ok thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unfortunately, yes.
That's the problem of not having it in her name to start with.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The other thing is, if the contract is in HIS name...he will be liable for paying it off.

The agreement they had initially was when they were together and worked well at the time...but now they have split the phone/contract is his responsibility. In effect she would be better off getting her own contract. Different number for one thing...less harrassment....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5