Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Tariffs

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I returned my S21 Ultra Upgrade into store to order the new iPhone 13 Pro Max instead.

My upgrade status changed today so I went an ordered the 13PM. Once I placed the order I noticed the tariff has changed.

So less than 2 weeks ago I got 50GB tariff for £22 + device plan... when I ordered the iPhone 13 Pro Max, I noticed the identical tariff is £28 +device plan. Surely the plan is the plan and should be priced accordingly since there is a seperate device plan.

Any ideas? I cant see anything different and O2 are saying airtime tariffs are designed for individual handsets. I dont understand how that can be when the tariff is identical. I would understand this if it was one payment that included the device but because it is a seperate payment??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rbarkley82 

Tariff prices vary between devices.

Obviously O2 think they can charge more for the airtime tariffs on the new iPhone because people will pay it regardless.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2