Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges abroad

Loz93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have looked into the over charges on my bill which covered usage in June and the code BIH is all I have to go by. I have had a look online and it seems it is an 02 error, I was in Cavtat, Croatia, not Bosnia and I have seen other people say that you have charged them like this too. Please can this be removed from this bill as I feel it is a network error, not my error!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Loz93 sometimes you can accidentally roam onto networks from other countries especially if you are near a border, however, this isn’t customer service and we can’t access your bill, so please call now on 202 to speak to an agent for help. 

Best wishes. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Loz93 sometimes you can accidentally roam onto networks from other countries especially if you are near a border, however, this isn’t customer service and we can’t access your bill, so please call now on 202 to speak to an agent for help. 

Best wishes. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Loz93The Country code BIH is Bosnia and Herzegovina, in Southeastern Europe. However it is not in the EU and thats why you will have incurred charges. You must have roamed near the Bosnian border at some point and picked up their network signal.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/EU-Roaming-Changes-from-15th-June-2017-CONTRACT-ONLY-quo...

Bosnia.PNGApologies for the delay. I had to delete some images before I uploaded this disappointed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On a separate note I can't understand why the guide I linked to now appears to be written by Anonymous when it it was written by @darrengf?

I can't even mention him correctly, so has he left the forum? @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT

I had a PM from him last week and he made no mention he was leaving?

Or is it a system glitch?

Edit I have just checked... every other guide he has written is now showing Anonymous.??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess he’s gone then ?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess he’s gone then ?

Made no mention of it when he PM'd me @MI5. It was about 10 days ago and funnily enough I cant find the PM's.

I think Community admin need to get in touch with him (if they are still able to)?

I am wondering whether he is victim of the email/text stating O2 would be deleting accounts by 7th July. Even though he didn't fit into that category?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess he’s gone then ?

No it was an error and thankfully he has now been reinstated with a little 'magic' in the back office...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Nope I’m back all Bouncy

but I thought o2 didnt love me any more and got rid of me Jaw-dropping

i was scared and all alone, @Cleoriff was the star and got me back.  One in a million Thanks!

But this did get me thinking so I’ve asked Martin.  What would I have done.

customer care wouldn’t have any idea I think, on line chat well 3 attempts and they still can’t get my bill to be produced on the correct date.

But genuine question. Where do we go, who do we call...... Crazy

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92925 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions