cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for bolt ons I didn’t receive!!!

Lolab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Totally fed up and cannot get anywhere with this problem. Last month whenever I tried to add a bolt on data to my daughters phone more often than not I got the message “could not be added at the time Try later” and I did try again, same message...tried again same message, i actually got a bolt on added 3 times during the bill period as I know it rarely would add on plus I received only 3 emails confirming I had bought the bolt on and it was ready to use etc.

Well the bill for her airtime is usually 30-56 as I do add on a few data bolt ons for her as she’s 16 and out and about.
But the bill was£168.44!!!!!

I looked into it broken down and it’s £118 worth of data bolt ons!!
There is a big list basically saying I bought a data bolt on everyday of the month and sometime 2 or 3 abs even 4 times a day which is unbelievable. I’ve been in my o2 store, phoned and complained,emailed 12 times in all I’ve done and they still won’t help me.
First guy I spoke too on customer services told me he spoke to a manager and it was a fault on o2s behalf and they would re calculate my bill......that didn’t happen, they didn’t phone back when they were meant too, I’ve had to phone to prevent my daughters phone from being restricted until this gets sorted.
HELP now I’ve received an email from a guy from o2 saying my bill is correct and to pay!!!

It’s not on
I have been charged for each time I tried to add a bolt on.

Anyone had this problem also and/or can someone help me contact the top guy/woman who will listen to me and see sense?

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I had the same problem trying to add a bolt on last month but it was quickly sorted by live chat. I haven't been charged incorrectly for it though.
As customers, and as you've already tried the usual channels, all we can suggest is asking admin for help if possible @EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Lolab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks
Admin on here or to phone 02?
I’m new to this community thing

Thanks
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
On here - I've tagged them above so look out for a message from them after the weekend.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Lolab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks.

i want to know who Adam Smith is in relation to O2 as he replied to my email eventually and told me my bill was correct,Which is wrong and I need to know where I go from him to take it further.

thanks

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
He'll be someone in customer services I guess.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Lolab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So not anything to do with the resolver
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
His email address will give you a clue.
If it's @o2.com he will be customer service.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Lolab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah it is that,oh well he’s not the last call on this dispute. I’ve the resolver to contact too then. He made his email sound like it was his last word!
Thanks
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If they have issued a final response it means you are now in deadlock, in which case, you can escalate to the Ombudsman.
You can call Ombudsman Services: Communications on 0330 440 1614 or write to them at:
Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11