cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged More than £1.99 when using data in Sweden

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can any one help me with this, today I arrived in Sweden. The O2 "welcome to Sweden"text - "start using data for £1.99 per day etc" came through, then a few hours later it says you have currently used £40 worth of data... Rang O2 and they seem to think it's my fault even though they told me that I should be on the O2 Travel Bolto on. (Which is fully active on my account)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thakns for all the replys,

When in sweeden I never saw the network change, although I still go the Non-EU warning text. I was never at a port nor was I near a counrty that doesnt support O2 Travel.

Its all very well suggesting to have it on maunal roaming, but not everyone knows to main network to be on when in a foregin country nor do they know where it will work with O2...

I'm more annoyed with O2 CS suggesting it was my fault as I didnt have one of the toggles sellected in the ios settings under mobile data, after doing some reserach, non of thoes toggles (Data roaming, EU data) would of effected the O2 Travel... O2 CS also said they could only see the two Non-EU texts and not the ones I recived when entering sweden... so not sure what was happing there...

So when the charge does come through on my bill, I will show O2 shop the texts I got and hoepfully recive a refund.

Message 21 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146705 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
It's strange that cs haven't sorted this already - it's usually very obvious when phones are either in or out of EU.
Something weird going on somewhere.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 23