cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me.

I called O2 customer services on the 7th May 2013 at 14:30 asking about downgrading my tariff as I do not use all the allowance. I spoke to a nice lady who told to call back after the 20th Septmber (1 year after my agreement was taken) and I could downgrade. I called today and the advisor informed me that I called about an upgrade on the 7th and there was no notes about changing my tariff. I am being made redundant and when I informed the O2 advisor he didn't seem bothered and said that there was nothing he could do.

How can I be told two different things - I work in customer services and this was POOR! I need this change to happen as I cannot afford £60 a month.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rob

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi Rob

You can only downgrade tariffs is you joined O2 prior to March 2012 (I believe), contracts started after this date you cannot downgrade.

I apologies that this probably isn't the information you wanted to hear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi Rob

You can only downgrade tariffs is you joined O2 prior to March 2012 (I believe), contracts started after this date you cannot downgrade.

I apologies that this probably isn't the information you wanted to hear.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Unfortunately tariffs taken out after March 2012 cannot be downgraded. Not sure why you were given the incorrect information.

You could cancel any bolt ons that you have to offset the cost and as a last resort, possibly sell the phone and put the proceeds towards paying off the contract, although at £60/month that is going to be quite a sum to find.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this.

I wasn't informed that I couldn't downgrade and not sure why I was told I could. Do O2 record their calls?

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You should be able to request a copy or transcript of the call via customer service.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will give them a call.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to Freddy on chat and he was great. Changed my tariff and couldn't be more happier.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions