cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing contracts through Mobiles.co.uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am due an upgrade. After looking at the offers direct from O2 I found a much cheaper option with O2 but through mobiles.co.uk. If I was to take this offer would I need to cancel my exsisting contract with O2 and swap to the new one or will it change over automatically?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous yes you would need to cancel existing contract otherwise it will keep rolling on...Info here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous yes you would need to cancel existing contract otherwise it will keep rolling on...Info here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you would need to cancel the current one then you wouldn’t have 2 contracts running 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If they offer an upgrade process you could choose that route and your current contract would just merge into your new one.
However, if they only offer new contracts you would have to cancel the existing one, which will automatically end if you moved your current phone number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If they offer an upgrade process you could choose that route and your current contract would just merge into your new one.
However, if they only offer new contracts you would have to cancel the existing one, which will automatically end if you moved your current phone number to the new contract.

They do offer upgrades and apparently Refresh if you look at this link?

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/o2-mobile-phone-upgrades

Now I thought Refresh was only available if purchased directly through O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Although this doesn't actually state they offer Refresh...It just looks as if it does...Rolleys

Mobiles Refresh.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I think that's a bit of creative advertising !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought only o2 do the Refresh contract 

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You do need to cancel, but asking o2 to move your number over to your new contract does that (if you want to keep your number).
You will have an overlap where you have both contracts if you do this.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 13