cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my Mind and refused delivery. How long for update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

8/12/14 As i was upgrading my daughters phone to the shiny new IPhone 6, i thought i might as well upgrade my HTC "Go Android!" Desire X for a nice new HTC One M8. Anyway woke up the next day and thought , nah my phones fine. Ill call and cancel. The phone had already been dispatched (Elfs working late at night i suspect), so they just said don't worry just refuse delivery.

I refused delivery and the guy was fine.

I then used the chat link a day or so later, they see that i refused delivery and once the phone gets back they will sort it all out and everything will be dandy.

ITs now 10 days later and my account online still shows that the order was complete. 

One more online chat yesterday and the phone hasn't arrived back yet??!! I tried to explain that i didnt send it back , that i refused delivery and the only response was , it will be sorted when the phone gets back.

Question 1. Surely its not my problem if the phone gets back to them or not?

Question 2. Is the driver enjoying his new HTC M8?

Question 3. What if after 14 days , the phone still isnt back , have i lost my right to cancel by a techincality?

So many question's, maybe some answers from you good folk. BTW Merry Christmas

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will be a simple case that the phone hasn't been scanned back in at O2 yet.
All we can suggest is that you keep on to CS on 202 (forget live chat) and push them to chase it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will be a simple case that the phone hasn't been scanned back in at O2 yet.
All we can suggest is that you keep on to CS on 202 (forget live chat) and push them to chase it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It hinges on when it's scanned back in the returns dept.

Circumvent live chat and speak to O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to ask for help.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add : Did the courier provide any paperwork for refusal or was it one of those digital signature scanners ?
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, he left no papaerwork, but he had a hand held device. I am currently on hold to 202, as the system doesnt show it being returned yet, but the nice lady is calling returns to ask them to check as it could just be a delay with them.........nice guitar music ........

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Please let us know what they say.

Good luck.

If their was any upfront cost then watch your bank account.
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will be waiting to be scanned.
Once they find it and scan it you'll be all good again....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well seems it 100% not been returned, so again the nice lady is going to call the delivery company to get a reference no from them , that they still have the phone , so she can this sorted.....oh nice guitar music again ...

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Typical !!
But at least they will bar the phone if it's gone missing so if it has been stolen it will be useless to anyone wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Typical !!
But at least they will bar the phone if it's gone missing so if it has been stolen it will be useless to anyone wink

Actually Rich the more I read this thread...the more I have decided I won't be advising anyone to 'refuse delivery at the door'.... If the Courier doesn't give you any type of paperwork to say delivery was refused, it appears you could be up the creek without a paddle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15