Did you mean: 

Cancelling SIM-only contracts without any account information

jcabg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit of a weird one...

We have sereval Pay Monthly SIM-only contracts we need to cancel but we don't have the physical SIMS or know the mobile numbers, email address' or security answers associated with any of them. The only information I have is the billing details, GED numbers and amounts charged each month from my bank statements.

At work, we had to assign each project to a mobile number, so I would purchase a SIM-only contract each time using my personal bank details, but we'd use dummy email address' with random passwords and security answers; we had all the information for each account saved in a spreadsheet, which has been deleted and we're not able to recover it.

I called o2 customer service twice and explained the situation, and was told to go in-store with the GED numbers and photo ID, and they'd be able to cancel the contracts for us; I've since been to two different o2 shops and was told that they can't do contract cancellations in-store, it has to be done over the phone. When I reiterated that I had called customer service and they told me to go in-store, the last guy told me to "call them again, and hopefully you'll get lucky."

I have also tried Live Chat but again, they can't help without us providing them with account information that we don't have (we can't even hazard a guess).

What can we do? Should I just cancel the direct debits for the contracts we no longer need; I have my personal SIM-only contract with o2 which I'd like to keep - would cancelling the direct debits for the others affect my terms/relationship with o2 for my personal contract?

Any help much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
@jcabg

This is going to get messy as you found already, as you dont have any of the information really required to identify you.

The store should have been able to give you the mobile numbers associated with the GED details.

Ill tag @O2Lisa and @O2Kayleigh to see if they can offer assistance.

I wouldnt recommend cancelling the Direct Debits as you could be hit with charges and it could affect your credit rating.

It might be worth in future setting up a business account...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

O2Kayleigh
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  Thank you for the tag. @jcabg I will send you a private message now.

Former Guru team member
Message 3 of 5

jcabg
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, madasaf1sh; that's really helpful!

Yes, a few of the contracts are also in the "Minimum Period", which I am keen to pay-off the fees for, but getting there has been tricky.

Yes, I will definitely think things through next time! slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
maybe call o2 again say you have no details get new sims sent to your address then when you get them call o2 to cancel but also ask what the numbers are maybe also as maf has said dont cancel direct debit as it will wreck your credit rating
Message 5 of 5