cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled rolling contract but not cancelled !

Bigbear73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered iPhone XR 64GB on 21st November, phone arrived on 22nd November. Phoned o2 CS to cancel rolling contract as I paid for the phone outright. I had a right to cancel within 14 days so I did . Waited over 45 mins to speak to someone . She was a very nice lady and even new i was going to candle the rolling contract . She did it all for me . Told me I would get an email Of cancellation and I would be billed for 1 days service .

To my shock the contract is NOT cancelled it is still active . Ans I will be billed in 29 days .

Absolute joke !

I will now take this further .

Also SIM card has not even been inserted into the phone .

Phone is for a Xmas present .
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Give customer service a call at 8.30am so they can get it cancelled properly. It sounds like their mistake so they need to put things right for you. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 7

Bigbear73
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have contacted them now 3 times and the contract is never cancelled when I phone up and they don’t have a record that I have phoned up . I’m now contacting offcom . This is why I left o2 years ago .they have now done the same to my wife who also got the same deal . She got billed before she even got her phone .. scam to get the 1 month air time . They won’t hear the last of me . Terms and conditions 10,4 they have gone back on it .
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bigbear73 You need to lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain If you don't follow the correct complaints procedure OFCOM will ignore you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Bigbear73
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks for that information . I will sure to fire over and email with my concern and will also pass the details to my partner who was told when she cancelled yesterday that she has to pay a full month even though it’s the same terms and conditions. Also she paid for the phone outright also .
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bigbear73 This link within the link I posted above has been shown to be effective: https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

Best of luck. Hope you get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Bigbear73
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Contract still not cancelled. Taking o2 to small claims . Always get passed to CS South Africa and the rudeness of them and telling me they can’t cancel as it’s not 30 days passed . It’s a joke I will never use O2 ever !! They lost money on these IPhone XR phones so they refused to cancel a ROLLING MONTHLY CONTRACT .
Message 7 of 7