cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled pay monthly sim only order same day as order was places but still got charged

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have placed an order for pay money sim only plan on 10 March and phoned half an hour later to cancel, as my current provider would not let me leave the contract without final payment. I was told by O2 customer services advisor, that order can't be cancelled until it is fulfilled and call back in an hour. I called later same day and another advisor cancelled the order. They explained that I will receive the sim but no charges will be applied if sim is not activated.
Following day I received the sim in a post and an email with a bill for £0.64. After I called O2 again they said that this is a bill for having active account for couple hours. After arguing that they can't charge me if I didn't had the sim or was able to use the service the few hours account was active, customer services agent promised to cancel the charge.
I have checked my account and direct debit has been taken now for the £0.64 for the bill where no service has been provided and account has been cancelled.
I am very disappointed with O2 customer service, as they charge me for few hours of having contract without active sim.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Complaints process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
If you complain they will refund you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2