Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract, direct debit charged

MoAbbasi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I took out a SIM-only data contract with o2 for my tablet. I cancelled it less than 6 days later. Despite numerous calls to o2, the My o2 app was still displaying a bill for it in addition to my mobile phones' airtime. My bank was also showing twice the direct debit.

Despite calling them again to confirm it was cancelled, I've been charged. Why is this? I was told I wouldn't be charged. How do I resolve this? It takes multiple calls back and forth to 4 agents in different departments just to cancel it or confirm its been cancelled let alone a refund.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

O2's Help pages contain the info related to this - it can take up to 28 days for it to be processed if a device is returned within the 14-day return time, as bills are a month in advance, as per O2's terms here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device#:~:text=We'll%20pay%20you%20b....

If SIM only, as below, you would have had this explained when you made the call to O2 to cancel.

Screenshot_20220321-063855.png

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

O2's Help pages contain the info related to this - it can take up to 28 days for it to be processed if a device is returned within the 14-day return time, as bills are a month in advance, as per O2's terms here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device#:~:text=We'll%20pay%20you%20b....

If SIM only, as below, you would have had this explained when you made the call to O2 to cancel.

Screenshot_20220321-063855.png

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2