Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a SIM only contract within cooling off period

MelB1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to cancel a SIM only contract within the 14 day cooling off period. In a word - nightmare! Two 30 minute calls, both cut off by Customer Services once connected. Messages via Facebook and Instragram - no response. Am about to post a letter guaranteed delivery for tomorrow to cancel (that will be day 14) and have cancelled my direct debit. As far as I am concerned I have done my bit - if 02 want to try to charge me, let them try! I have recordings of the telephone calls and copies of the messages. Worst service ever 😞

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10670 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3095 Solutions

@MelB1234 

Hope you told the person on the other end you where recording the calls!! 

But the worst thing you can do is to cancel your direct debit, as o2 will try and bill you and then destroy your credit file. 

have a look at this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  and try calling 0800 902 0217 and see if the payment management team can help.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MelB1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I do tell them, but they don't give their full/real names anyway so they don't really care. They are welcome to try to impact my credit score - quite happy to fight them all the way, as far as I am concerned my contract is cancelled within the 14 day period. I will also try the number you provided - thanks for that.

Message 3 of 3