cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upgrade from sim-only deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Three months ago I went to a store and asked whether I can go with 1-month pay monthly contract and transfer my existing prepaid number. I was told that it's better to go with 12 months sim-only deal (I told them that I am looking forward to iPhone 6 and that's why I don't want a long-term contract) as I can upgrade anytime so it should be super easy to do it online once iPhone is revealed (just to clarify - I exactly asked about pre-ordering ability).

Two weeks ago, totally by a mistake, I checked my upgrade options and ended up with a notice saying "Check again after 21 September". Weird, I said.

One week ago, I went to a store to replace my broken SIM card with a new one. I exactly said that I do want to replace the broken SIM card. Not sure why I had to sign up a new agreement once again, but now my upgrade date is by the end of Decemeber. Under My o2 there is a 'recent order' that I've done exactly the same day I replaced my card, but it gives me no idea what it means.

How is that possible?

Is there any possibility to unlock that online ability to upgrade so I can pre-order tomorrow? If not - I will probably buy it directly from Apple and look somewhere else for so-called 'better experience'.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hah, thank you! Yeah, I know that, but I am trying to get rid of my broken HTC ONE as soon as possible (microphone failure so it stops working from time to time)! Speak to you soon guys, I hope this issue will help the others with O2 Simplicity as well.

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Really thanks to all of you, @MI5 , thanks for asking @Toby for investigation, I'd be very nice to sort that out, especially as there might be others facing that problem if this is 'standard procedure' in store. 

No worries mate - It's wrong so needs feeding back for investigation.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23