Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t leave family plan

Scottcarey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have just purchased a contract with you.

I am also part of a family plan that I need to leave , I’m am not the bill payer , and the bill payer is saying I can’t leave , and that I need to keep her for the contract ,

It’s a very difficult situation and I need to leave and pay for my own contract as the relationship from the bill
Payer is now abusive and I’m being forced to pay for something I don’t need

Could I move my family plan to make me the bill payer for mine alone ? And then cancel the current plan I’ve juts took out ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Scottcarey 

No, you cant, as the Account Holder needs to allow you to leave or cancel that part of the contract. If they are unwilling to do so then you there is nothing o2 can do, as you dont have any rights to the contract.  Any changes they need to agree to.

All you can do is as you have done an take out a new contract and pay for it separately, but that will mean a new number. 

It might be worth looking for a domestic abuse charity in your local area who may be able to advise more.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Scottcarey
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you , 

it just means now I’m paying for two contracts , which is silly

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7982 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Are both your original  phones in the name of your partner? If you leave them it is they who will have to pay. So then you should only pay for the new account in your name.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4