cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send normal text but not picture text any help please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all ive moved over from Orange to o2 at first i didn't have a problem sending o2 text messages with o2 but now for some reason i can't send a picture with a text, it allows me to send just a standard text message but fails if i attach a photo etc..

Ive re-send the text Active 2020 and thats installed fine but still won't allow me to send pic message, not sure what i have to do from here, can someone advise please not 100% clued on phones.....

Many thanks to all....

Phone is: Sony Experia 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unless one of your apn's includes the MMS settings it ain't never going to work. Create a new apn called "O2 MMS" and use the settings here http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_o2.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
After applying the settings from 2020 you need to reboot the phone. You also need data turned on and then try sending a pic to yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi M15 thanks for your help i did orginally try this but have just done it again incase i missed something out, but it still won't allow me to send a pic message - Thanks

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Check in Settings >Mobile Networks >Access point names that you have an O2 MMS profile and just to be sure you have cell data turned ON ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my access point name says o2 Prepay GPRS, were do i find cell data many thanks again

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

In the mobile networks section will be a tick box for "Use mobile data".

However, @m not sure your apn's are correct. Should look something like this with an internet connection and an MMS connection....

2012-12-30 16.38.43.png

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks again for your help the only apns which are showing are -

o2 Pay & Go

o2 Preypay GPRS

data box has a tick in it, ive tried the text again active 2020 and installed, re-started phone etc but still won't send picture message only normaol worded text - Thanks

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

A Sony Xperia smart phone should automatically turn the data on to send the MMS message then turn it off again once its sent.

You dont need to turn the data setting on yourself, the phone should do it for you even if you have data disabled the phone will use it just to send the MMS message.

Have you checked the settings in " Network Mode "

In ICS click - Settings, More, Mobile Networks, Network Mode.

Make sure its set to WCDMA preferred / GSM, that way it should pick up a better data signal.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unless one of your apn's includes the MMS settings it ain't never going to work. Create a new apn called "O2 MMS" and use the settings here http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_o2.html

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/ is the starting point to get all apn and exact instructions per phone type just select your phone and then settings either send to phone or use the manual setup information

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 10