Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get out of my contract

Rstoneelf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im 6 months into a 18 month contract. I'm finding I have no signal and 4G when walking around where I live. I went into my local O2 and asked about ending my contract and then told me id have to pay about £120 as this is the remainder of my contract as im on a pay monthly sim. I think this is stupid as its more than my phone is worth. is there anything anywhere that says i can leave without paying this if they are not suplying good service? also i sore the 30 day contract, is it posible to switch to that and then just end my contract after the 30 days?

Hope someone can help 

Thanks  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rstoneelf 

Yes, if on sim only and if it allows you to in your MYO2, switch to a 30 day and then cancel it after 30 days..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Rstoneelf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wont let me do that 😞 ive thought of a new plan, if i do and upgrade then does taht change my contract? , so if i get a new phone and do the highest upfront cost and then cancel my order after one day and then pay off the 3 months of that contract. ill have a new phone and be out off all contracts right???? then i can sell the phone to get some of my money back 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would have to pay off the phone in full before cancelling if you do it that way. I'm not sure how you think you can cancel after one day and end up with a new phone?

A contract is just that

Once you go into upgrading and trying to sell off the phone to recoup some of your losses it will end up costing you more than the amount you need to pay off your present contract.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rstoneelf 

It looks like no choice but to pay the simo off or just stick with it until the end or at least another 6 months so the buy out isn't as much.

Also check your postcode here as it may just be a temporary issue that is being fixed https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5