cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I swap phone numbers between two O2 contracts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guy's,

I have two mobile contracts with O2 (both in my name) and would like to know if I can swap mobile numbers between the two contracts?

The reason I'd like to do this is because one of them comes up for renewal next summer and I'd like to take the upgrade but keep the number I'm using (the renewal is on the number my wife is using)

You might ask why bother? Well if O2 are offering 4g by next summer, I could have it on my renewal (and of course the sim would be different) but it would be on the wrong phone number.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
As steersy said, just upgrade the account that's due and switch SIM's. If 4G is running by then (unlikely) you will probably be able to add a bolt on.

So you're saying upgrade the wifes phone on 3G, keep the phone for myself, swap sims and get a 4G bolt on (if available by then) for myself?

Yes that's exactly what I am saying.... Don't rely on O2 giving any unlimited data pacjages though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing as I pay the bills for both mobile contracts, she's more than happy with it!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, 

I think as we all do you are over complicating it. Upgrade the phone on the next contract available then by the time 4g is available you will be able to upgrade the next contract. 

I would not bank on 4g tethering being cheaper than having broadband, I think it will end up costing you more.

Hope your wife is understanding with your techy side lol

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same for me - I'm in charge of all the household tech - which unfortunately means I have to pay for it too 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
As steersy said, just upgrade the account that's due and switch SIM's. If 4G is running by then (unlikely) you will probably be able to add a bolt on.

So you're saying upgrade the wifes phone on 3G, keep the phone for myself, swap sims and get a 4G bolt on (if available by then) for myself?

Yes that's exactly what I am saying.... Don't rely on O2 giving any unlimited data pacjages though wink

T-Mobile don't now either! Mine is an old contract and is sim only (costs me less than a tenner per month)

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd be keeping hold of that deal.....

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like it Tangoman. slight_smile

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep with that deal, I have o2 unlimited deal since it started & it's perfect for me

Message 17 of 17