Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from mobile numbers saying I have called

Sophi318
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Today I have at approx 30 -40 calls from numbers saying they have had a miss call from my number . Called o2 who don’t really have an answer to why this is happening anyone any advise
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Twebster
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am getting this now about once a day for the past few weeks. Did anyone find a solution?

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Twebster 

It appears it maybe scammers who have chosen your number to use as their caller display when contacting people to try and scam them.

Generally speaking, they don't use the same number for very long though so the calls should stop.

If they don't, you need to reort the calls to O2 as they may just be scammers trying to scam you into calling a premium rate number.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

RRP89
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received a missed call from a number I did not recognise. I called it back, only for them to say that they had received a missed call from my number and so were calling me. I obviously never called the number, could someone be using my number?
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RRP89 

It's number spoofing scams and getting more and more common https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisanc...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14