cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPLAINT BREACH OF HUMAN RIGHTS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i had an operation on my throat this week as a matter of urgency. I now cannot talk for two weeks... your gurus cannot read... they keep telling me to CALL IN! O2 have mistakenly taken out £162.94 TWICE in two weeks! I have the email transcripts witch i will be publishing..... your service is DISGUSTING wehen i finally do get the chance to complain O2 BETTER STANDBY. youve accessed my bank wrongfully and despite being told i cant talk you KEEP TELLING ME TO CALL IN disgusted... Discrimination and APPALING customer services im cancelling down ALL MY DD for ALL 4 accounts un til further notice!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Head. I hope your operation went ok and that you're healing well! Please send me a private message. We can have a chat via these messages and I can see if I can get a member of the team to email you rather than using the phone.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous sorry but this is not CS so we cannot help you.

Cancelling your DD's will only cause you more trouble I'm afraid.

You can complain to o2 here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but if the money has been taken wrongly you need to contact your bank for a reversal of funds under the DD Indemnity Guarantee.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm not sure it's a breach of human rights, but you're covered by your bank for cases of wrongful DD payments and you can get those reversed and your account credited within 24hrs.

I cannot stress enough how fruitless canceling your direct debits would be. You'll just end up with default notices on your credit file, and they can affect your future ability to access further credit.

One last thing, we're customers just like you and O2 don't routinely view these forums. You really do need to get in touch with CS, maybe a friend or family member could help you by speaking on your behalf?
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Glad you agree wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Please @Anonymous, take a step back and seriously think about your intended route. Cancelling direct debits is never the answer. Make a written complaint and I hope this gets sorted out for you soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your operation.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't understand...do you... Send me the email for my complaint... "Taking a step back?" O2 keep TAKING MONEY FOR NOTHING.. and you don't think I should cancelled down my DD... Ok.. what's the EMAIL for COMPLAINTS.. I CAN NOT TALK.. nor defend myself against O2 NONCHALANCE!
Message 6 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Head. I hope your operation went ok and that you're healing well! Please send me a private message. We can have a chat via these messages and I can see if I can get a member of the team to email you rather than using the phone.

Get involved:

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You don't understand...do you... Send me the email for my complaint... "Taking a step back?" O2 keep TAKING MONEY FOR NOTHING.. and you don't think I should cancelled down my DD... Ok.. what's the EMAIL for COMPLAINTS.. I CAN NOT TALK.. nor defend myself against O2 NONCHALANCE!

Like we already said, this is not CS so can't help.

Already given you the complaints process, it's on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Please do not shout as us as it is a little rude. We are just customers like yourself trying to help you and give you the benefit of our experience.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'm helping @Anonymous now.

Cheers

Get involved:

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 11