cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint| poor customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone told me 02 customer service is better so decided to use o2 what a nightmare experience. bought pay as u go s7 edge (order no:ms-650503249) asked for proof of purchase, went to store they asked to go to CHAT service they will help , more than a week ago chat with o2 person she said you will receive in 3-5 days , didnot received any contacted again and asked it is important as phone screen is broken need to provide to insurance they said we will help you not to worry ....

Arya from 02 said you will now get by email in next few minutes been 24 hours didnot received.

This time i decided to call the lady listened and said she spoken with back stff and they said it will take 3-5 days  for email i was shocked what a lie.

when i said your colleagues has told me differently she dropped the call.

Called again this time spoken with someone based in UK, he said he cannot any notes in my account showing prooof of purchase is requested and he doesnot have any idea what other 02 staff did , again such a poor customer service 02.

Now if i run out of 28 days and 02 didnot provide proof of purchase i will end up paying 250 quid for screen replacment 

O2 not in my dreams i expect that from you . 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Poor CS is reported often on here but all we can do is flag @Toby to feedback for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Was the screen broken when you received the phone? Just wondering how long before you noticed it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Was the screen broken when you received the phone? Just wondering how long before you noticed it....

If so, it should be returned, not an insurance claim ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

If so, it should be returned, not an insurance claim ?

I know. Just not sure when the op noticed this fault. Would insurance even cover cracked screens?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Depends on the policy details but some do cover accidental damage.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Pathetic customer service to be honest. Forget live chat because as far as I'm aware they have no access to systems about purchases and billing.

HOWEVER,

If you want to chat, use the chat link on this page : http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain as they are UK advisers and will help you.

I always wonder why insurance companies want proof of purchase but people being people and in a world of fictitious or fraudulent claims they are safeguarding their shareholders money.

Message 7 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Live Chat can access info and answer questions about purchases and billing just to clarify.

@Anonymous, feel free to PM me and we can have a chat about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I stand corrected but if that's the case why can't they send proof of purchase. Something is badly wrong when repeated requests net nil results.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand why company like 02 who have good CS reputation doesnot have right applications in place .Proof of purchase is simple 5 min request 02 take 3-5 days .i wish they give that leavage if we miss a montly payment.

I moved from vodafone just only because of poor customer service now 02 is showing same colours.

Insurance company requirement is proof of purchase ,i did sent them delivery note from 02 but they need proof of purchase .

Message 10 of 12