Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted/barred brand new iphone 12 Pro Max

Zee-OX4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I upgraded a few days ago with O2 online and the sales advisor gave me a deal. I was told I will get the phone next day but then o2 emails me and says they are out of stock. Then I get the the phone and pop the sim and no signal. I thought it id due to the sim swap. However when I put the sim in my other phone it is working. I rang o2 and because there is no stock (even though the website says in stock) they can’t exchange and asked me to cancel and they said that if I cancel they can’t promise me the same deal. I did some research and found out via (imei24.com) that the brand new iphone is barred. Rang o2 back and told them found out and they can’t simply remove it themselves and will have to raise it with Fraud team and it can take up to 30 days. They can’t give me a loan phone. They only thing they will do is put the credit of the months bill. Been an o2 customer for 14 years and have 2 contracts with them and  they can’t do much. I am so annoyed 😑 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35216 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Yes, high-end new phones are shipped with a Shipping Bar in place - O2 would normally remove that when you call and tell them you have received the phone.

Sounds like somebody screwed up somewhere. In the event that the Shipping bar can be removed by the Social Media team people, the contact links for that team are just below this message.

Good luck, @Zee-OX4.

Message 2 of 5

Zee-OX4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn 

When I rang the customer services they said that there are no barrs in the account or the imei from their end which is why they said they’ll contact the fraud team.

Do I call them back asking to remove the shipping Bar? Or do I ask the social media team to do it? 

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35216 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I would call them and ask for the Shipping Bar to be removed - take a look at this thread: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Brand-new-IPhone-12-Pro-Max-won-t-read-any-02-SIM-card/m-p/14808...

Give O2 a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or specific Payment management number 0800 902 0217 if the 30day thing reappears!).

Good luck again, @Zee-OX4.

Message 4 of 5

Zee-OX4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that. I rang them however they don’t even seem know what shipping Bar is. The still said we’ll remove all the bars in the account and check after an hour but no joy. Not sure what else I can do. Thanks for the advise though @pgn. Really appreciate it. 

Message 5 of 5