Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill is higher than contracted

VickyUJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I signed up to a £7.99 contract, starting 30 Aug, but O2 have charged me £8.50 for my first bill.

I haven't used the SIM card, and have additional spend set at £0.

It can't be VAT, as that would be more than 51p.

Any ideas what the extra charge is please...? 

Also, I'm so-far finding O2's customer service to be dismal - the voice recognition doesn't recognise what I say (even Yes or No, I'm only from York, so I don't have a strong accent!), then the phone cuts off just as they say they are putting you through to someone. Do others have the same experience?

Thanks so much in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

First bill is usually higher as it covers the few days between when you sign up and what will become your renewal date So 51p plus £7.99

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148965 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@VickyUJ 

Have a look at the billing FAQ's here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/understanding-your-bill

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3