cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for emoticons (smiley faces) as MMS/picture messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a good look through the forum but can not see anything like this problem.

A friend of mine had a large bill come through this month and contacted 02 customer service.

Basically she was told her bill was so high because she had used above and beyond her MMS/picture message qouta which she refused to except but was told that a Emoticon (smiley face) counted as a MMS/picture message.

Has anybody encountered this or confirm or decline this??

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 104
103 REPLIES 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was joking and trying to lighten the mood.

No offence intended. Sorry, not enough smileys slight_smile

PS. Didn't mean to litter the thread, please feel free to delete off topic comments.

Message 101 of 104

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very annoyed as I have just joined 02 from vodaphone and have just checked my last 2 bills and I have been charged for photos.  Well I never send photos as I am trying to keep my costs down and not go over my limit!! I asked friends and have been told you get charged for using smiley faces. Which appear as part of the keyboard, disgusting but I  stuck in a contract for 2 years. Unfortunately I dont understand whybthis is or why some message are mms. I just send text message. Can anyone advise and will 02 refund me  lol

Message 103 of 104

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144911 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27776 Solutions
Have a read here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 104 of 104