Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been with O2 for nearly 7 years now and am now am officially not happy

ay0ub24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I took out my phone on contract 2 years ago I was told about the 30% student discount which I was 100% eligible for and can even prove that am Still a student at this minute. 

So basically I've been running around like a dafty going into several o2 stores in glasgow to get this discount applied.  However I've just been thrown aside like I wasn't important and then start helping customers who are after a new phone.

I've spoke to staff from the live chat and I've still not got anywhere with something which I am 100% eligible for and still am too this day. I have The HTC one M7 the now with my contract which finishes this month. And Am really don't know if I want to stay anymore as I am due £153.07 pence from this discount which the person from o2 store today told me that should have been applied and was told to contacts yous to discuss this matter forward since I've been fighting for this for 2 years now. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

ay0ub24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even though I did ask for it before I took out the contract? 

Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Did you ask about this as soon as you realised it hadn't been applied, 2 years seems a long time for it to have gone unnoticed?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I found out withen the first week of getting my phone about the student discount, Was told I had to go and visit the store with proof that I am a student. But I kept getting told different things everytime and I've been talking to o2 about it for that length of time. It's really annoying after a while.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All you needed to have done was to text "OPEN" followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode to 2020
Help thread here for next time you renew
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6