cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to change my Pay as you Go Go to a basic Tariff as the phone is for emergency use only, and does not require topping up on a monthly basis. It seems thst the basic tariff is by 'invitation only'. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Switch to text and web. You only need to top up to get your allowances each month. If you just want to use it for calls and texts your allowance runs out after the first month but you keep your credit on the phone to use as you wish.

The only criteria to keep the sim active is to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Invitation?? Just switch to text & web....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I'm trying to say is that I don't need to top up with a minimum £10 each month, as the allowance will not be used. I need a traditional pay as you use tariff.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Yes, I understand what you want....You get allowances regardless. With text & web your £10 top up stays on the phone so you can take all year to use it if you wish....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Switch to text and web. You only need to top up to get your allowances each month. If you just want to use it for calls and texts your allowance runs out after the first month but you keep your credit on the phone to use as you wish.

The only criteria to keep the sim active is to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My confusion, thanks for the advice & info.

Message 6 of 6