Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance for outstanding airtime bill set to £0.00

Scotteh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay, so the bill payment for my contract was due today, and when I went to pay it last night on the O2 mobile app I was greeted, on the payments page, by a message saying that there was an outstanding balance of £0.00 for the Airtime plan, and another message on the 'Device Plan' tab that said there were no payments to make. The same tabs on the O2 website, as I type this 14 hours later, displays the same message(s), pictured below.

o2 (1).png

o2 (2).png

I know for a fact that neither has been paid this month as I have no emails from O2 to suggest otherwise. Has anyone experienced a similar problem to this, and if so, how was it resolved? I don't want to be issued a late-fee over something that is outside of my control.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to call customer service on 202 to resolve.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to call customer service on 202 to resolve.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Scotteh After you speak to customer services regarding your query on your present bill you should also enquire about setting up a Direct Debit, which is really what you should have if you're on a contract. Setting one up will avoid problems like this in the future, and it's one less thing you need to remember every month.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Scotteh
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BambinoI specifically cancelled the Direct Debit on the account around half an hour after I took out the initial contract, I prefer doing that and paying it manually so I can better keep track of what money has left my account and when. I'll give them a phone and see if that sorts it out.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ScottehIf you're on Direct Debit you are notified by email well in advance of any monthly charges being taken from your account to give you time to query the charge if you think it's incorrect. You're a contract customer, so the bill has to be paid come what may. It's your choice not to use that option, but it's certainly less stressful, in my opinion.

Edit: Most utilities (Gas, Electric, Cable TV/Sky, Internet Provider etc.) insist you pay by Direct Debit. What difference is there between them and your mobile bill?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know what CS says @Scotteh

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Scotteh just wanted to check if you manage to find out more about your bill? Did everything get resolved?

Message 7 of 7