cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance disappeared !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a balance of more than £50 a week ago - I went on a cruise to the Baltic, didn't make any calls, sent 2 short messages and received 2 short replies.  Also, received about 20 CB messages which I didn't click on because I didn't know what they were - now my balance is £0.  What's happened ?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144586 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
If you swipe down from the top of the screen you will see some boxes.
One of them will be mobile data.
If you tap on it it should go grey which means data is off.
Stuff like your weather app will be using data all the time and any other apps that poll data in the background.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I would imagine this was due to you being on a cruise. Depending where you actually were when you sent the messages  would affect the cost. You could check in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

or give customer services a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Nothing worse than a cruise ship. if you connect to there network you be charged then when you enter another network country zone you be charged again, always set manual network connect when on a ship a your phone wil automatally jump network. 

You shoud be able to see recent charges on you online account if not speak to cs they will chek for you, if you dis agree with charges they can open a network investigation for you.

Your phone will also connect to moile internet and if you have usage upto £6.00 per mb.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 144586 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
My guess would be data use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I wouldn't expect two text messages sent to Europe from somewhere in the Baltic or North Sea to cost £50.  Also, I didn't connect to the internet, browse the web or use email.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks chrisymon

I didn't connect to the internet, browse the web or use email.

I haven't yet been able to contact cs. 

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cleoriff

I haven't yet been able to contact cs - they're unavailable (!)

Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks chrisymon

I haven't yet been able to contact cs. 

Did you switch mobile data off as well as data roaming. If not apps will update in the background and at around £6mb your credit would soon be gone. 

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jonsie

re  "Did you switch mobile data off as well as data roaming"

I don't know how to do that (guess I'll have to ask a 'Guru') - the only thing I switched off was the phone itself because I didn't use it apart from the two text messages.  I use my laptop for web and email and I didn't bring that with me.

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 144586 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
What phone have you got?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20