cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At end of contract what will new monthly bill total be?

Gazo76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

My mobile contract is up in Feb.

I got a 2yr deal via Virgin and since then the cost has gone up and up to a ridiculous amount.

I don't want to spend anymore time with O2 and I've found much better deals elsewhere.

My question is really two fold: -

1. What happens when my contract ends?

2. What will I be billed per month?

Ideally I want to transfer my current number to whatever new sim deal I get, so will aim to purchase a new deal and even possibly a handset around this same time.

Any help/thoughts on the matter appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Gazo76 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

We can't answer what your costs will be as we can't access accounts so you'll need to contact O2 for this.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7853 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

What happens depends on what sort of contract you signed with Virgin and if your payment include the handset or if it is paid separately to Virgin.

If you find a better deal at the time then take out a PAC code and leave

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Beware though, any deal taken out before the end of March may see a price rise come April.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93948 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Your contract rolls on month by month

O2 will give you the cost of your deal

Just get your PAC code and give it to your new supplier

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9158 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Gazo76 

If the O2 network works for you, you could consider visiting your local O2 retail store and challenging them to find a better deal for you :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Message 5 of 7

Gazo76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh it doesn't.

I've had problems with outdoor connectivity in the 2yrs I've been back with O2, so looking forward to changing network again.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9158 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Gazo76 

Your original post implied to me that you were changing because of rising costs ; connectivity is a different matter. 

I suggest that you procure some PAYG SIMs for other networks and test them out in the areas that you frequent. You don't want to leave O2 and find that you have similar or worse connectivity issues with your new network.  

Message 7 of 7