cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are SIM swaps taking a long time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All.

This is my first message here, so hello everyone!

I did a SIM swap yesterday at 5.30pm. My old phone went off at about 7.30pm, however my new SIM has yet to be activated on an iPhone 4. I checked I had entered a 19 digit number yesterday, but how would I know if say I had entered it incorrectly? Would it be stuck in no-man's land for ever?

Looking at the FAQ it talks about service being off for a couple of hours but not this long! Now 10.30am next morning...

I'd appreciate any advice. I think my chances of actually speaking to o2 on the phone are minimal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Generally it doesn't seem to take too long. Only thing you could try is to do the sim swap again if it says its in progress then at least you know it's working:)

Do you still have service on your old sim? If not then restart the new iPhone this should solve it:)

Hope this helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, Liquid.

This is solved now. I instigated the swap too soon! The iPhone was my girlfriends and I thought her previous provider, T Mob, had unlocked it, but they had only started the process. Can take up to 28 days with them!!

I phoned o2, got through quickly, spoke to a very helpful chap who put my old phone back on. So, well done CS at o2. 

I'll start the process again when the iPhone is defo unlocked.

Message 3 of 3