Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch 4G not working data plan

zen1a
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I yesterday going to o2 shop setup my apple watch okey everthing checks working perfect still waiting 24hours setting my apple watch today after 24hours when i try setting my data plan not working ops something wrong or you apple watch setting before I last week get new o2 sim card direct debiat i have so already usi sim card and swap number old to this number and setting apple watch but waiting about 3 day and notthing going to o2 yesterday so what happen why not working... Try to live chat or call very busy or bad signal when call to 202 and not understand what say for me because very signal bad or poor so can help somebody? how long waiting when o2 done setting my apple watch,apple watch buy from apple store and say if you want using 4G need EE or o2 sim card direct debiat

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@zen1a 

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

You also need to have iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@zen1a 

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

You also need to have iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

msavenger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! 

I don't know if you can help me, I have tried O2 Customer Service and been into the O2 store. They can't figure out why it's not working. 

Basically, I got my Apple Watch Ultra on Friday. I've been having issues setting up my cellular plan ever since. 

So, I go to the Apple Watch App, click on Mobile Data, Set Up Mobile Service... it then loads for a couple of seconds but instead of prompting me to sign into my O2 account, it just says "Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 106". I have tried calling 202 and doing this, although they didn't know what to do to help and the workers in store weren't much help either. They suggested unpairing and repairing the watch, which I have tried. 

Any ideas?! slight_smile

Message 3 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Have you previously checked you have the iData bolt on for your account @msavenger ?

Does Visual Voicemail work ok?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 12

msavenger
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj

I have checked, I can't see an iData bolt on, on my O2 account. But I do have visual voicemail and it works fine slight_smile 

Message 5 of 12

Haggis39
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have the exact same problem trying to connect an Apple Watch Series 6 cellular to an O2 data plan but keep getting the 106 error code. Tried speaking to 02 and they said they would raise it with their tech team. Were you able to get the issue sorted because I’m losing hope now.  👍 

Message 6 of 12

McCartney789
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue. They did an Esim reset and it killed my SIM card. Absolutely appalling service, been going on all week. 

Message 7 of 12

Haggis39
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@02Lisa can you help me please 🙏 

Message 8 of 12

Haggis39
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 9 of 12

Haggis39
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@02georgina can you help with the 106 error codes we are experiencing on our Apple Watch Series 6 when trying to connect to a data plan. I have tried unpairing the watch from iCloud and erasing the watch and then waited for over 24 hours and then a further 24 hours to connect to a data plan but after 2 attempts I still get the 106 error code. Please can you help with this matter. Many thanks 👍 

Message 10 of 12