Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch selling and in contract

Jack_777
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I bought an Apple Watch on contract pay monthly just over a year ago, though it’s just been sitting in a draw. I’ve never missed a payment or anything on it. Can I sell it on, or do I need to cancel anything with o2 first? If I do sell it on after deleting and removing everything from it, will the new owner be able to use the esim in it? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147099 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Jack_777 

No one else can associate it with their account until you have fully paid it off.

You do not need to pay off any airtime commitments, just the device plan cost.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Naz2you
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It's not legally yours yet since you are still paying it off try O2 recycle to sell it or pay it off before selling it

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Provided you have paid it off and any extra airtime contract.

You need to deregister it from you account.

The new owner will need their own contact and eSIM if it is to be used in Cellular mode.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147099 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Jack_777 

No one else can associate it with their account until you have fully paid it off.

You do not need to pay off any airtime commitments, just the device plan cost.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4