cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unexpectedly high bill !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not the first time being billed with such a high bill. After the last payment which was on the 23rd of December I sent a message to find out the belance. I was surprised when I saw 109 after 12 days. It just can't be there is definitely something wrong going on!!

Has anyone went through this before?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
On a monthly contract it isn't possible to go over your data allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 63

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I thought you had to contact O2 and ask for it to be capped, otherwise it would continue to run?

Message 52 of 63

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I thought you had to contact O2 and ask for it to be capped, otherwise it would continue to run?

O2 don't do capped contracts, but, if you have say 500mb of data and you use it all your data connection is cut off until the next billing period or you add a data bolton.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 53 of 63

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for clarifying that @MI5 

Message 54 of 63

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No problem gemz.

Currently using:
Message 55 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting to note that the OP @Anonymous hasn't returned to update us. ...
Message 56 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting to note that the OP @Anonymous hasn't returned to update us. ...

No but it was the weekend when the first post was made...so maybe not much more to tell as yet?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I came back to update you. I popped in O2 last week to ask abou the issue I had about the high bill. They said that my brother exceeded his tarrif's minutes in just two days after the 23rd of Dec. (the payment date). To be hinest, I am still not convinced. Don't get it how could few calls inside the UK ,not to forget to mention that he never called 800 or any such numbers, and even in the same city can cause such high bill. 

When we were at the store it was 110, but after just  an hour or so of him doing two phone calls both not exceeding 10m has increased to 163!!!  

WEARD!

However, I went to the store the next day and upgraded his tarrif to £25 P/M  just to have a piece of mind!

We'll see what happens next!

Message 58 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Glad you have got things sorted. As you pay the bill I would let your brother know he better not exceed his usage this time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thanksGood Idea

Message 60 of 63