Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air time

Harkness17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received this text after I tried to lower my bill.  I am now confused as to whether no cap means my family member can keep using data unlimited.  The text confirmation said "Since you have chosen not to apply a spend cap..." The opposite of what I was trying to do which was to have a cost that cannot be gone over a certain amount.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It would seem that there is now no spend cap on the account and unless you can apply one in My O2 you would need to call them

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Message 2 of 7

Harkness17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry for being thick but does that mean that my family member can keep using more and more data unless I put a spend cap on it? Can only change the tariff once a month so I think I might have boobed on this one then.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Once data allowance is used then no more can be used. A spend cap only applies to international calls, premium texts & calls and anything charged to mobile such as extras in games or store.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Even with a spend cap, bolt ons can still be added.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Even with a spend cap, bolt ons can still be added.

Every day's a schoolday Hero

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie 

For info.

What doesn’t count towards my Spend Cap?

• Recurring elements of your bill, such as your Airtime Plan, Device Plan, and insurance.
  • The price for buying a Bolt On which you opt in to.
  • Any charity donations made from your phone.
  • Charge to Mobile, such as buying digital content and apps from your phone.
  • Any charges relating to the management of your account, which includes, but is not limited to, paper bills, itemised paper bills and late payment fees.
  • Any charges for third party services (our access fees for these services are covered in your Spend Cap, as set out above).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7