Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed For The Best Tariff Or Bolt On For Calls

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My nan has one of those big buttoned easy phones and she wants to use it to call landlines.

We put her on the O2 Unlimited tariff with a Landline 100 bolt on, however she has used all of her allowance already after only 2 or 3 weeks.

I have tried to suggest to her doing a speed dial for mobile numbers as she gets unlimited calls to O2 numbers, however she definitely does not want to do that.

Can anyone suggest a tariff or bolt on which she could use? She is old and doesn't want to mess around calling mobiles as the numbers are too long for her, so she would like a tariff or bolt on for landline numbers only.

I did a livechat with O2 but they were not helpful - they simply said she will be charged for calls now that her bolt on allowance has been used up.

All suggestions would be most appreciated! slight_smile

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I may be way off the mark here but some of the older generation don't like the idea of owing out for a bill etc.

Too much fuss.

To set up a rolling contract without her consent or prior knowledge is not Something I would entertain.
Message 31 of 48

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

And what happens if someone from the older generation forgets to top up their Pay & Go?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 32 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys the Op has stated they want payg it's not really our place to question that decision
Message 33 of 48

Bambino
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

It's not questioning the decision. It's a discussion. There's nothing wrong with debating the issue.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 34 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not our place to debate it really is it
Message 35 of 48

Bambino
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Read the title of the thread. The OP asked for advice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 36 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes and she has quite plainly stated that they want payg and not a contract why is everyone suggesting 30day contracts when that's not what is wanted
Message 37 of 48

Bambino
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

There's nothing wrong with offering an opinion to say that an alternative to Pay & Go might be more beneficial.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 38 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gemma

Have you found the answer(s) you were looking for?

Hopefully the debate has helped?
Message 39 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you there but that was suggested on page 1 and answered by the op saying it has to be payg this is now 4 pages in and people are still saying it
Message 40 of 48