cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a PAC code to leave

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I have already received a PAC code and I am intending to use it to cancel my contract with O2. However, whilst I have read some posts here and I have chatted online with an advisor, I am still a little unclear about the most cost effective way of using the PAC code. 

1. My contract ends on 28 September. Do I need to wait until 28 August (i.e. one month before the end of the contract) to activate the PAC code? 

2. If I activated the PAC code before 28 August, what costs would I incur? I don't mean an actual amount, but whether I would simply have to pay the usual monthly amount up to 28 September or whether O2 would charge me an additional penalty for leaving before the end of the contract. 

Many thanks in advance for your help in clarifying this for me. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
You just pay upto the end of your contract whenever you use the PAC. No additional penalties, just the same as you would pay naturally.
Your PAC is only valid for 28 days so if you don't use it by then you will need another one from O2 CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
You just pay upto the end of your contract whenever you use the PAC. No additional penalties, just the same as you would pay naturally.
Your PAC is only valid for 28 days so if you don't use it by then you will need another one from O2 CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You would be charged until the contract end date is both both scenarios.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 3